Attendant for People with Disabilities at Library of BUT
Aneta Puchalska, MA
General Lending Room (lobby on ground floor P0)
phone 85 746 9323
aneta.puchalska [at] pb.edu.pl
- 05-07.06.2023 — 10:00-12:00
- 12-16.06.2023 — 09:00-11:00
- 19-23.06.2023 — 13:00-15:00
The building of the Center for Modern Education, which houses Library of Bialystok University of Technology, is adapted to the needs of people with disabilities.
FACILITIES IN THE BUILDING OF THE Center for Modern Education:
- the entrance from the side of the Bialystok University of Technology campus has no thresholds,
- the lift for people with physical disabilities is located outside the building – from Świerkowa Street (in order to enter the P0 level, press and hold the button),v
- the elevator inside the building is adapted to wheelchairs,
- 7 parking spaces have been allocated in the car park from Świerkowa Street and 2 places from the side of the BUT campus,
- toilets for people with disabilities are located on each level of the building,
- the cloakroom has no barriers and thresholds,
- The Lending Room and the Scientific Information Department are located on the P0 level (ground floor),
- the depository, enabling the return of borrowed materials, is located outside the building,
- tables in all reading rooms of the library have the appropriate height, adapted to the needs of people in wheelchairs.
IN THE READING ROOMS THERE ARE:
- a specially selected collection of books for the visually impaired (large font) and the blind (books written in Braille),
- computer station in the Periodicals and Special Collections Reading Room, level P0 (ground floor) equipped with:
- Magic Keyboard,
- a mouse designed for people with motor difficulties, the so-called big track,
- 27″ monitor,
- OCR scanner in A3 format,
- Ruby XL HD electronic magnifier,
- Polish Sign Language interpreter service (connection with the PJM interpreter takes place online using a tablet, the device is available from the librarian on duty).
- computer station in the (Large) Book Reading Room, level P1/38, with specialized software:
- JAWS Professional to voice the Windows environment,
- Magic Plus magnifying and sounding program,
- Microsoft Office 2003,
- Fine Reader.
- desk with adjustable height,
- Magic Keyboard,
- a mouse designed for people with motor difficulties, the so-called big track, headphones and electronic magnifier Ruby XL HD,
- self-check in the Book Reading Room for self-service lending/returning of library materials, equipped with a movable lift.
- Polish Sign Language interpreter service (connection with the PJM interpreter takes place online using a tablet, the device is available at the General Lending Room during the library’s opening hours),
- induction loops for people with hearing impairments who use hearing aids, installed at the reader service desks in the General Lending Room (Level P0), Scientific Information Department (Level P0), Reading Room (Level P1) and in faculty libraries,
- scanners available in the Book Reading Room and the Magazines and Special Collections Reading Room are adapted to be used by people in wheelchairs,
- access to electronic databases is possible from any place with Internet access, without leaving home,
- dostęp do elektronicznych baz danych jest możliwy z każdego miejsca z dostępem do Internetu, bez konieczności wychodzenia z domu.
We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the website of the Office for People with Disabilities.